Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Things to do and see in Hendersonville, NC




Outside of Kilren's Ice Cream store (not sure if that is the correct name).
Sunday we went into Hendersonville to get groceries, and look around. We ate at a roadhouse called Binions, and the food was quite good. I had pulled pork sliders and John had a burger. They give you hot, homemade rolls with honey butter that are mouth watering. It was interesting to see that the churches had police outside of them directing traffic. We wondered around downtown, stopping at Masts General Store, and picked up little gifts for the boys. We went to an antique shop, and I got 5 double mats for $10, and then went to the ice cream shop for a salted caramel ice cream. End of day 2.
On Monday, we went to the North Carolina Arboretum. The people we have met down here are so friendly. As I waited for John to finish talking to the Bonsai person, I sat in the lobby. The receptionist there engaged me in conversation, and asked where we were from. When I told her western ny, she mentioned her daughter lived outside of Rochester. I inquired where, and she said Hamlin. I told her it was quite close to where we lived, and asked how she came to be there. She said she went to NTID, and now works at Lowe's. Small world. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment