Sunday, August 1, 2021

Indemnity Only by Sara Paretsky

Indemnity Only (V.I. Warshawski, #1)Indemnity Only by Sara Paretsky
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0/5.0 - I'm not sure why I've never read this author before, this book was excellent. I see her as the model for other female detectives to come - Stephanie Plum, Kinsey Millhone, strong, independent, sure of herself. Unlike a different book I recently read, which was also the first book in a series, this book builds a background for V.I. that makes her seem like a real person, with a full life story. Thoroughly enjoyed this almost 40 year old offering, and will probably read more. A couple of notes to finish up - she references Sir Peter Wimsey several times, a character I have just become familiar with, and one of the characters uses the alias Joe Hill (also an alias for Stephen King's son, and a new character alias on Blue Bloods).
Book 202 of 2021

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment