Sunday, November 14, 2021

The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi

The Henna Artist (The Henna Artist, #1)The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - Recommended to me by my daughter-in-law. I enjoyed the story of Lakshmi and her sister, Radha, set in 1950s India. Lakshmi escaped from an abusive marriage when she was a teenager and has made her way in the world since that time by painting henna and providing herbal cures and lotions. When her (annoying) 13 year old sister shows up, she is at first thrown for a loop, but soon takes it in stride. Radha makes all sorts of trouble for Lakshmi, but she keeps forgiving her, taking the blame on herself. It was interesting to see the characters' growth and to learn more about the culture of India during that time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment