Monday, October 31, 2022

Genealogy 101: Never Assume Murder by Carol Grieshop

Genealogy 101: Never Assume MurderGenealogy 101: Never Assume Murder by Carol Grieshop
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 rounded to 4 stars - I loved the subject matter - a genealogist who walks you through the research process while telling a good tale. Even more, I loved the fact that it was based in nearby Rugby, TN, a Victorian utopian village about an hour north of my home. We visited last year and learned some of the history of the village, and the book does a wonderful job of bringing it to life.
This was obviously the author's debut novel, and self-published. There were a few errors that a good editor would have caught (punctuation, one run-on sentence), and a little too much food/clothing descriptions, but overall a nice book that I enjoyed reading and shared with my sister afterwards.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment