Thursday, December 8, 2022

The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley

The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters, #2)The Storm Sister by Lucinda Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is told from the perspective of Ally, the second of six (known) sisters based on the Seven Sisters constellation. Ally is a gifted sailor and musician, and is out on the water with her captain/lover when she finds out that Pa Salt (her adopted father) has died, perhaps mysteriously. At the funeral, she and her sisters are given clues that will lead them to their family origin, and feeling at a loss, and unable to bring herself to sail in an upcoming race, Ally decides to follow the clues to Norway, where her story interweaves with a singer from a hundred years ago, Anna Landvik. The book is cleverly interwoven from that point, alternating from Anna's life to Ally's. I loved reading Anna's story, having a Norwegian heritage myself, it helped me to imagine what life might have been like for some of my ancestors. Excellent, though long, book that encourages me to continue reading the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment