Monday, October 31, 2011

my favorite DSI story

It was a fadabulous day. I got my new ID badge, so now I know who I am, and what I'm supposed to be doing, again. Then, there was the envelope Bob placed on my desk (Kimberly Myers, anyone?). Finally, a nice celebratory dinner with John at the Village Inn. I had the Catch of the Day (lobster meat, scallops, feta stuffed shrimp on a bed of lightly cajuned orzo) - a tad on the spicy side, so I hope I don't suffer from heart burn tonight.

So my favorite DSI story is from last year. It was a night when the boys had dinner with us, and we were sharing stories about our days. When it was my turn, I mentioned that I had gotten a DSI that day. They went wild. I didn't understand their enthusiasm, until we all came to realize that we didn't know what the other party meant by DSI. Sorry guys, no new Nintendos here.

1 comment:

  1. Two years in a row. Last night, I mentioned to the boys I was getting an iPad2, to go with my new iPhone. And did I mention I was getting a DSI? Once again they jumped for joy. Once again, I had to explain that they couldn't play games with my DSI.

    ReplyDelete