Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's all over but the grade

With the submission of the last paper on Thursday, and the posting to the last discussion boards after that, Management 607 - Organization and Management Theory is all but done. All the remains is the grade. Going into the final week, I had 52.5/55 points, with 2 discussion boards (10 pts) and a major paper (25 pts) still unknown.

This has been my favorite class, so far. The workload was reasonable, the teacher was good, there have been no surprises, so far. I enjoyed my classmates, and the subject matter was timely and interesting. If I have one disappointment in it, it would be the fact that the instructor is a little slow to provide feedback, which is fairly common in online courses, I have found.

On the matter of feedback - sometimes it seems that online courses are something that are left to adjuncts, and their "real job" takes preference over this part-time endeavor. The discipline of online courses applies both to the student taking one, as well as the instructor teaching one. At least, it should in my opinion.

And now 24 days until the summer class Quantitative Business Analysis begins. 24 days in which I am going to enjoy life, read books for pleasure, attend two conferences, present at one, and dare I say - clean house? But first, we must celebrate - dinner and a movie, anyone?

1 comment: