Saturday, April 28, 2012

Down to the wire

I'm working on my last paper for this class, a  2500 word compare/contrast two books that relate to the course material. Every writing assignment feels like a huge deal, a major undertaking. In some ways, I feel very unprepared for this, as my undergraduate degree was in business, not humanities, so the writing courses I had to take for it were, in the most part the ones I took at Saint Joe's in the 1970s. That being said, I got a 15/15 on the research paper, and an 8.5/10 on the group assignment (annotated bibliography). I should have offered to be the one to put the final document together, but I didn't, so I can't complain about the grade.

A good friend tells me I obsess over grades too much, that the only thing that counts is getting the degree. I keep trying to convince myself of that, life would be so much easier. Still, I can't complain about the workload this semester. Taking just one class makes it much more doable. It drags it out a lot longer, but that is another story.

Well, did anyone notice that this really is not getting my paper written? Yeah, I did, too. So, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment