Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July

It was a great 4th of July. Nothing fancy, just time spent with the family. Jess, John and I went to the Rochester Public Market in the morning, even though it turned out not to be open. There were 2 vendors there, so we got the few items that we were looking for, and then we headed for Sam's before stopping at Lowe's and Wegmans and coming home to finish up prep for the picnic at Gail's. At 2 Corey, Jess, Adrienne and family, and Brandon joined Marge, Lynn and Gail for a cookout that included baked ziti (Adrienne), hots, burgers (with TN bbq/bourbon sauce - us), sausage and tuna, salt potatoes, panzanella (me), brownies and glorified rice (Gail). After lunch the kids and John swam for awhile and then we sat in the garage while the boys played Magic. I think we left around 6; Brandon having traded his truck to A & W, who left earlier - brought the boys over to our house to eat more and play some more Magic. It was just wonderful to spend so much relaxing time with my family - this whole visit with Corey and Jess has been just wonderful and relaxing. I feel so much less stressed this summer than I have felt in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment