Monday, November 9, 2020

Guilty as Cinnamon by Leslie Budewitz

Guilty as Cinnamon (A Spice Shop Mystery, #2)Guilty as Cinnamon by Leslie Budewitz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 or 3.5 stars for this second in the A Spice Shop Mystery series. This is set at the famous Pike Place Market in Seattle and I loved the market interactions. I enjoyed the tension between Tag and Pepper as they navigate their way from marriage into friendship, all the while trying to decide whether friendship is all they want. It's definitely not all Tag wants, but Pepper is not as sure. Either way, with Pepper being a shop owner, and Tag being a bike patrol policeman whose beat is the market, they are sure to be in each other's lives for the long haul. While the Flick Chic group didn't play as much into this plot as in some of her other books in this series, I am always attracted to strong women characters and friendships. And books that include recipes, sign me up! All in all, not a bad way to pass the time.
Book 184 of 2020


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment