Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Orphan's Guilt by Archer Mayor

The Orphan's Guilt (Joe Gunther #31)The Orphan's Guilt by Archer Mayor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 stars - This was my first book by Archer Mayor, although I understand it to be the 31st in the series. It must be tough for an author who writes long-lasting series to make each book be comprehensible to a new reader without being too repetitive to old ones. I think I would enjoy this more if I had a better understanding of the relationships of the cast of characters. However, that has just inspired me to go back and start the series from book one.
This is a police procedural that takes place in Vermont and includes a cast of characters ranging from police officers and a coroner, to lawyers, private investigator and a reporter, who amazingly all work together to get to the truth.
Book 183 of 2020.

The guilt mentioned in the title refers to the main character, John's guilt about not protecting his younger brother better. View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment