Monday, December 27, 2021

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

The Storied Life of A.J. FikryThe Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - I put off reading this book for a long time, I think it is because I got an ARC of All These Things I've Done ten years ago, and it didn't leave me wanting to read by the author. But my loss, because I really enjoyed this book. But it must be as the author herself states:
“Sometimes books don't find us until the right time.”

I loved the way the book was laid out. Each chapter begins with a short blurb about a book, which we later see is a note to his daughter who wishes to be a writer. The chapters are short (about 20 pages), the story moves forward quickly, there are a few mysteries, it is about books, and the characters are for the most part, likeable. Excellent book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment