Thursday, March 8, 2012

When the boss has your back...

I feel like my boss really proved to me today that he had my back. Remember the bookmarks with the wrong URLs? So he took some to a marketing meeting, and someone noticed. He came back, said they liked them, asked how many we had, and suggested maybe tweaking the URL for next time. I was very impressed with how he handled it. He recognized the amount of hard work that went into them, and then later figured out (which I had thought of, but hadn't mentioned) that we just needed to put a redirect at the published URL.

So, a couple of lessons here. I should have probably shown Bob yesterday. I should have mentioned the redirect when I thought of it. And the most important lesson, I feel like I can trust Bob to have my back.

I got more feedback today - from FZ, a nice job, thumbs up; from LR, some constructive criticism. This has been a real learning experience. Of course, most of the last 6 months has been a learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment