Thursday, October 1, 2020

Goodnight Mind: Turn Off Your Noisy Thoughts and Get a Good Night's Sleep by Colleen E. Carney (from 10/1/2017)

I originally reviewed this in 2017, it came up on my FB feed today, so I thought I would add it to my blog. Goodnight Mind: Turn Off Your Noisy Thoughts and Get a Good Night's SleepGoodnight Mind: Turn Off Your Noisy Thoughts and Get a Good Night's Sleep by Colleen E. Carney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book appealed to me, as I have struggled for many years to get a good night's sleep. I have no trouble falling asleep, but inevitably I'd wake up in the early hours of the morning, and toss and turn before I could get back to sleep. While this book offered no groundbreaking suggestions, it did bring together several common sense strategies in an easy to read and apply process. I've waited for about a week after finishing the book to write this review, so I could comment on how well it worked for me. Overall I'd say I'd sleep better about 80% of the time, so a great success! The two suggestions that I have implemented from the book that have worked best have been 1) limit the amount of time you spend in bed and 2) set a sleep schedule and follow it. So now I don't read or watch tv in bed at all, and I force myself to stay up until 10 PM. If you suffer from sleepless nights or restless sleep, this book might help you as it did me. It will be interesting to look back in a few months and in a year to see if there are long term effects, as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment