Sunday, October 4, 2020

HomeMade Modern: Smart DIY Designs for a Stylish Home by Ben Uyeda

HomeMade Modern: Smart DIY Designs for a Stylish HomeHomeMade Modern: Smart DIY Designs for a Stylish Home by Ben Uyeda
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 stars - I put this on Reserve at the library, so I didn't realize how "modern" the projects would be. Unfortunately, most aren't to my taste, but that doesn't lessen my appreciation for this book. This really is a great step-by-step manual for the diy-er. From a great description of the project, estimated time it will take, estimated cost, clearly described supplies and tools, and photos, it is easy to understand and follow. As you proceed with a project, each step has icons above which will alert you to the tool you need to do it. It gives you different options, tips on what could go wrong, alternative ways to make it, and perhaps best of all, what to do if you don't want it anymore (how to repurpose). There were one or two projects, including an herb wall and a kitchen island, that did sound appealing. Maybe we'll try them!
Book 167 of 2020.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment