Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor

Roll of Thunder, Hear My CryRoll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0 stars - This moving Newberry Award winner by Mildred D. Taylor tells the story of a family in the deep south during the depression who fight racism, poverty and great odds to retain their land, raise their fine children and rise above the bonds of poverty. The parents, Mary and David, work hard to provide their four children with a better life, and balance the need to teach them how to survive in a white man's world with showing them that respect begins with oneself. They are hard-working, frugal, and wise parents and the family support - including Big Ma, Uncle Hammer and Mr. Morrison, forms a strong bond that helps both the family and the community.
Book 179 of 2020.

View all my reviews

1 comment: