Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters by Balli Kaur Jaswal

The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill SistersThe Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters by Balli Kaur Jaswal
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0/5.0 - After reading Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows last year, I was looking forward to this book. My library didn't have it, but I was able to get it through ILL. I enjoyed this in so many ways. First, it was a story about 3 sisters which immediately appealed to me. The sisters weren't very close, but to honor their mother's dying wish they take a pilgrimage to India, to reconnect and find out more about Indian culture and their religion. Each sister has secrets they are holding. Piece by piece they are revealed, both to the reader, and finally to each other, and they become a source of strength to each other. The book kept my interest to the very end, both through the sisters' stories, and the Indian culture.
AtY #44 A book whose title contains a negative
Book 139 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment