Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Lowcountry Wedding by Mary Alice Monroe

A Lowcountry Wedding (Lowcountry Summer, #4)A Lowcountry Wedding by Mary Alice Monroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - This is book four of the Lowcountry Summer series, and reading the other book descriptions, I'm sure I've read all of the previous ones, yet I only have a record of reading one. Huh, I'll have to do something about that.
In this book, wedding bells are ringing for Harper and Taylor, Carson and Blake. Or are they? Carson has real doubts about her ability to settle down and be a good partner. Harper and Taylor must deal with the elephant in the room - Harper's enormous wealth, inherited from her English grandparents. Can they come up with an acceptable solution to her grandmother's mandate for a pre-nup, which neither of them wants? The last sister, Dora and her partner, Devlin, face challenges of their own. Devlin wants to marry Dora, who keeps finding reasons to put him off. A surprise new character, the Reverend Atticus Green, shows up on Mamaw's doorstep and is immediately roped into performing the weddings, offering wise counsel to the three sisters.
The book draws you in to the lowcountry culture and setting, the beauty, the manners, the southern charm. I would love to visit there! I'm looking forward to finishing the series, including reading or reading the ones that I've missed. Definitely a good series for your summer reading, or for anytime during the year.
Book 142 of 2021

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment