Friday, July 23, 2021

The Summer Seekers by Sarah Morgan

The Summer SeekersThe Summer Seekers by Sarah Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0/5.0 - I feel like I have to give this 5 stars, just based on the fact that I got up in the middle of the night to finish it. Kathleen is a feisty eighty year old woman, who reevaluates her life after a run-in with a midnight intruder. Liza, her forty year old daughter, is Kathleen's opposite is many ways. Where Kathleen is bold and adventurous, and was a distant parent, Liza is cautious and focuses her life on raising her daughters. There is tension between them, and never so much as when Kathleen decides to fly to America and take a road trip across Rt. 66 with Martha, a unknown 25 year old, as her driver. Martha is gregarious, but lacks in self-confidence after a bad breakup.
The road trip is a turning point for all three woman, and a renewal of Kathleen and Liza's relationship. I found all the characters, scoundrels and worrywarts alike, to be well developed and likeable. The inclusion of Rt. 66 made it all the more fun, as it is a trip I'd like to take myself.
Book 194 of 2021

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment