Thursday, July 1, 2021

Love at First by Kate Clayborn

Love at FirstLove at First by Kate Clayborn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 rounded to 4.0 stars - This book was a little slow in the beginning, but about 1/3 of the way in I didn't want to put it down. Will, a young doctor, is left an apartment/condo by his uncle that he only met once, sixteen years before. On that day, he also saw Nora for the first time, and fell for her. Sixteen years later, they meet again, although for Nora, it's the first time. They are attracted to each other, but their new relationship is fraught with landmines, the apartment, their families, their upbringing. Slowly, they work their way through things.
I liked the way the author built the relationship, not rushing things. I enjoyed the setting - Chicago, and the development of the cast of characters. One thing I felt was missing was more about the Donny/Will/Will's mother relationship. Why did Donny dislike her so intensely? What was in the book? This part felt a little unfinished to me. Overall, though, I enjoyed this book.
Book 175 of 2021

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment