Sunday, September 19, 2021

Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder

Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First CenturyNomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - Before I retired, my husband and I toyed with the idea of being Rvers, and workampers. We went as far as to buy a 5th wheel and pickup truck, but ended up selling them a year later. Shortly after I retired, COVID hit, and any plans like that fell by the wayside. Reading this book, and finding out what life is like for many of the people who work those kinds of jobs gave me pause, made me so grateful that we had that choice. It's hard to imagine feeling forced to live a nomadic life, with no financial cushion for emergencies, and day to day expenses having to be so carefully budgeted. It is frightening, to say the least. This is a book that will stay with me for a long time.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment