Thursday, September 9, 2021

Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson

Nothing to See HereNothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. It was quirky and funny, but also a little sad. It's about finding strength within yourself and rising above the limitations others put on you. You have to suspend belief a little, the premise of two children who catch on fire (view spoiler) pushes the boundary of believability. Lillian, the poor girl from the wrong side of the tracks, is Madison's best friend, and always seems to bail her out of tricky situations, whether taking the fall for drugs and getting kicked out of school, or raising her two stepchildren. She is plucky and smart, and it's easy to be on her side.
While I liked the title (Nothing to See Here - we're just normal kids), I kept thinking that this should be called "Little Fires Everywhere" had the title not already been taken. I'll probably look for more of this author's work in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment