Sunday, October 17, 2021

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen TableA Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5/5.0 - After reading this book on my tablet, I was inspired to buy a copy just so that I can try out some of the recipes. The author tells stories of the first three decades of her life accompanied by recipes that played an important role. She begins as a young child, sharing how she came about loving to cook through her parents, one who cooked, the other who baked. In this chapter, we learn of Burg's (her father) potato salad. She follows that up with her mother's famous pound cake. Every phase of her life from childhood, schooling, travel to falling in love and getting married is told through a salad, soup, dessert or other expression of love for simple, delicious food.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment