Wednesday, October 27, 2021

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

People of the BookPeople of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - This book has two storylines. The first is Hannah Heath's story, and how she became the conservator in 1996 of the famous Sarajevo Haddagah, her family and their history. The second, more interesting storyline was of the book itself, the people who created it, cared for it, passed it along, and rescued it throughout history. That part was fascinating and well researched. It bears rereading in the future. Hannah's story was almost a distraction to me.
I started reading the print edition, when it became due, I switched to the ebook and finally finished up with the audio version, read by Edwina Wren. I highly recommend it, she does a beautiful job.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment