Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 the year in review

Notes: January:
took aeddon to Rmsc to see the csi exhibit for his birthday
Together we made a chocolate roulade cake
Stopped at marine oasis to buy stuff for the SW aquarium John had gotten me for Christmas
Throughout the year we enjoyed the tank in ILL
Red skunk cleaner shrimp named Shorty, 2 peppermint shrimp named Candy and Tea, who disappeared after a few months, clown fish named Verne, brittle starfish named Jules, blood red shrimp named Phobos.
Aquarium stayed in ILL until shortly after I started my new job, some time around October.
We brought it home and added the fish to our 55 gallon aquarium that we bought off Craigslist in feb for $300, including the buffet.
Also in January, I started my MBA through SUNYIT. Took classes in project management and business law. Never had a free minute, or so it seemed. Still, I decided to matriculated, and took my GMAT in August. Not in time to actually enroll for fall, but that turned out to be okay, since I started a new job in late summer. As an end of semester reward, we went to see wicked at Shea's in buffalo. Bob sold his house in brockport to the college, and during the summer they moved to buffalo.
Corey came out in April and did some work on the bathroom for us. Also out in July for a visit. Then we made a quick weekend visit July 21-25, for his 30th birthday party. 30, how is that even possible? Alden went with us, and we got to spend some time with Matt, too. His job in Indy will be ending soon, and he has interviewed back at the bank in Honolulu for a supervisor position. He takes it, and comes out for a week to NY before flying to HI. In August we go to NE PA to a VRBO, a little cottage located on a gentleman farm. Visit Longwood Gardens, and Hershey Park. Nice relaxing week away. On the work front: Laura's mother suffers a TIA in march and she is out much of the month. In July, bepress comes and gives a presentation on their IR product called Digital Commons. A few of us see it advertised in the Daily Eagle, and Greg, Lori and I attend. I am fascinated by the possibilities, and ask lots of questions. A few weeks later, when it is decided that we will purchase it, they decide to offer me the opportunity to work on it. I jump at the chance, and it works out that Logan and I essentially switch offices, and he takes over ILL,something he has wanted to do for a few years now. Laura starts investigating retirement shortly afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment