Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Spontaneous Happiness: Week 1

A few months ago, I won the book Spontaneous Happiness, by Andrew Weil, from Goodreads. I've decided to try the 8 week program it describes.

Week 1 begins with some assessments.
Any illnesses? GERD
Any worrisome symptoms? No
Medications? Omeprazole
Supplements? None
Last physical w/bloodworm? Within last year? No concerns
Illnesses in my family? My oldest sister had a heart attack at the age of 60
Rate your own health from 1-10: 9

Emotional health questions:
Ever diagnosed with mood disorder ? No
Consulted a mental health professional? No
Depression or anxiety? No diagnosed cases
Pessimist or optimist? Tend toward optimism
Emotional state 1-10: 8
What would make me happier? Nothing I can think of
Recover quickly from emotional setbacks? I'm a survivor
Do I experience serenity in my life? How often am I content and/or comfortable? Most of the time, as a rule. I am grateful for my family, friends and life in general. I have a good marriage and a rewarding job.

No comments:

Post a Comment