Friday, September 18, 2020

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - Reflection

Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1)Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.0/5.0 stars - I read the sequel to this book 7 years ago, I'm terrible about not reading books in order. This is a story of two friends, who found each other when they both needed it the most, as young teenagers, facing high school and all of its angst. For thirty years they are friends with all the ups and downs that go with a friendship that long. They go down different paths, for one fame and fortune, for the other, love and family, but they're almost always there for each other when the chips are down.
Fall Reading Challenge: October/3. World Mental Health Day/a. Read a book where one of the author's initials is found in MENTAL HEALTH.
Fall Read-a-thon:800 - You'll see the light...source on the cover of this book
Book 151 of 2020

So that was my review, but what I didn't say was I wonder what having a friendship that lasts years is like. I had friends in middle school, and a few girlfriends in high school, including one that became my sister-in-law. Unfortunately, as an adult, friendships eluded me. I had acquaintances, and work friends, and I treasure those, but long-term, close friendships have always felt like a missing piece in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment