Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Love Finds You in Lake Geneva Wisconsin by Pamela S Meyers

Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, WisconsinLove Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin by Pamela S. Meyers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5/5.0 - In 1933, Meg Alden wants nothing more than to be a reporter and live the life that God intended for her. Meg is the older of two daughters in a deeply religious family, and at 25 still lives at home under her parents' jurisdiction. When she is unable to complete college due to low grades and financial worries during the depression, she takes a job with the local weekly newspaper writing want ads and the occasional society piece, all the while hoping to further her career as a reporter. When one male reporter leaves, Meg hopes that she will be given an opportunity to prove her ability, but that is dashed when handsome Jack Warren, of the Chicago newspaper family is given the job instead. But as time passes, Jack and Meg find themselves drawn to each other. Initially, they struggle to communicate and be open with each other, Meg about the man who hurt her in the past, Jack about his feelings for her. But the more they work together, the stronger their partnership grows.
I enjoyed this book, even though Christian fiction isn't my normal genre. The historical details about the town were interesting and I'd like to learn more. The peak into the newspaper world of that time also interested me, as I had a job at a local newspaper 50 years ago.
Book 204 of 2020
Hah, not surprisingly, I've spelled her name wrong both times I wrote it.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment