Thursday, December 10, 2020

The Second Chance Boutique by Louisa Leaman

The Second Chance BoutiqueThe Second Chance Boutique by Louisa Leaman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - I was taken by surprise by how much I enjoyed this book. Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. I think the premise, a woman whose dream job is matching vintage gowns with brides by listening to and learning their back story was such a unique idea that it intrigued me. Francesca is happy with her life as it is, until one day a chance find at a clearance (US equivalent of estate sale) turns her life upside down. The gown, from a Paris design house long out of business, is beautiful beyond words. But when she tries it on, she senses a story filled with sorrow and anger. The remainder of the book follows Fran as she searches out the rest of the story and finds and loses love along the way. Will she (and the gown) live happily ever after? That would be telling.
Book 206 of 2020

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment