Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Christmas Shoes by Donna Van Liere

The Christmas Shoes (Christmas Hope, #1)The Christmas Shoes by Donna VanLiere
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0 stars - Sometimes a book is more than the story, more than the laughter or a way to pass the time. Sometimes, like now, a book feels like it was written just for you. How ironic that on this day, the 20th anniversary of my mother's death, that this little story, of a little boy who loses his mother to cancer on Christmas Day (with a subplot of another character, a middle-aged man, who loses his mother unexpectedly on the day after Christmas) should be the one I read. A few things stick out to me. First, no matter your age, you're never ready to lose your mother. Second, your mother is never really gone, her love lives on in your heart. Finally, the beautiful lesson, God doesn't take her from you, He receives her with love.
This is the first book of the Christmas Hope series, but the third that I have read. They are short books, classified as Christian Fiction, and each one seems to build from the characters of the previous one. This is a book I will treasure, and may read annually on this day.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment