Friday, December 18, 2020

The Best of Us by Robyn Carr

The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)The Best of Us by Robyn Carr
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

3.0 stars - I might have series fatigue because I enjoyed this book the least of the five. None of the Jones siblings played a significant part in this one, but Maggie's father, Sully had a large story line, where he falls in love, at the age of 72, with a mystery writer named Helen. Helen is the aunt of the town doctor, Leigh, and meets Sully while visiting her. I think what bothered me was the use of the "oops, I'm pregnant" plot device so soon after it was used in the previous book. And these are not teenagers, but professionals (the town doctor - seriously?) who it accidentally happens to. But never fear, they all live happily ever after. Also showing up in this book was visiting villain, Johnny, and local troublemaker, Alyssa, but they didn't really add anything to the story, for me. It was interesting to have a trio of love interests, young love - Maia and Finn, main love story, Leigh and Rob, and the mature love story of Sully and Helen. (view spoiler)
Book 212 of 2020

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment