Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Naked in Death (In Death #1)Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 rounded to 4 stars - I had a friend at Drake who used to read J.D. Robb all the time. Three or four books a week. This is my first book, but I enjoyed it enough that it won't be my last. The takes place in 2058, in NYC. The book was written 26 years ago, and the author did a good job projecting how life might be, there are no obvious anachronisms.
Eve Dallas is a police lieutenant with a haunting past. Abused and abandoned as a child, her memories of her early childhood are spotty and terrifying. When she takes lead on a brutal rape/murder case that soon becomes serial, she is thrown into a high powered world of politics and money. Along the way, she meets and falls in love with Roarke, a man of incredible wealth, power and ingenuity with a past of his own. Will their love continue to grow? We will find out, as this popular series now numbers 53 books.
AtY #1: A book related to “In the Beginning...”
Book 119 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment