Tuesday, April 6, 2021

LaRose by Louise Erdrich

Yet another literary fiction! I've been meaning to read it for years, and it was chosen for me by another GR member for a Pick 3 quarterly challenge. I'm glad I read/listened to it, it was such a good book, if a little slow going.

LaRoseLaRose by Louise Erdrich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - This book was beautifully written, and won several awards, including PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction Nominee (2017), National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction (2016), and Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2017). The story is one filled with native customs, struggles, redemption, the power of both love and hate, and above all, family. I listened to the book on Audible (14.5 hours), narrated by the author. The book starts slowly for me, but it is mesmerizing.
Pop Sugar #16: A book by an Indigenous author
Book 96 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment