Saturday, January 29, 2022

Board Stiff by Elaine Viets

Board Stiff (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #12)Board Stiff by Elaine Viets
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.0/5.0 - This got better as it went on. Since it was book 12, but the first book of the series that I had read, it took a bit for me to get my bearings. The premise was that Helen had left her high paying job in the corporate world, divorced her no good husband, and been traveling around working at various dead-end jobs. In the meantime, she met her new husband, Phil, and they formed a PI agency, now in Florida. She and Phil have a falling out halfway through the book, much like Melanie and Jack in The Attic on Queen Street, which I just finished. But in the end, they bring home the case, the bacon, and the love. One thing that I particularly liked about the book is the epilogue, where they summarize what happened to each of the characters. All in all, a pretty good little book, but I'm not sure I'm inspired enough to read the rest of the series.
Book 37 of 2022

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment