Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Seasonal Work: Stories by Laura Lippman

Seasonal Work: StoriesSeasonal Work: Stories by Laura Lippman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0/5.0 - I quite enjoyed this book, in fact I could see myself reading it again sometime. As a rule, I don't enjoy nor read short stories, so this was a pleasant surprise. Most of the stories in this collection were written between 2007-2019, with the last one, Just one more, a COViD-related story, written to finish out the book.
The first story introduces us to Tess Monaghan, Lippman's famous detective, and the second to her mother. I loved all the cultural references in this book, from GoodReads, to Columbo, to so many books that I have read. Oh, and The Book Thing, in Baltimore!
Anyway, it was a fun collection and one that I could imagine owning.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment