Friday, May 24, 2013

5/24/2013

Today was first day of compressed work week, which I swear I am doing this summer - no Fridays! We started out early and went to the Public Market because it was Flower City Days, and I wanted to look for some more heirloom tomatoes, but it was cold and rainy when we got there, and very few vendors. Fail. Stopped at Sam's and picked up some things. Then we came back, and dropped eggs off to Laura, and checked on whether my textbook for the class arrived yet. Nope, fail again. But things looked up from there. Good visit with Vinay, where I got all my questions answered (No, yes, no, walking -gradually building up as tolerance grows; we think so - but we'll continue to monitor to be sure; stress test with echo; maybe; NO; changing lifestyle; didn't ask). We also talked about my discomfort with the URMC practice, and he recommended that I try someone else (Mishra) instead. He changed my script from the two I was on, to one different one which should do both. I left feeling like "here was a plan, someone would be monitoring me, and things might be looking up". In fact, I felt better than I had in several weeks, so some of it must be due to a more positive outlook.

Lunch with John at the Boardwalk, I ordered a side salad and a turkey/cranberry wrap. It was really good. Some quiet time at home with John in the afternoon, including a nap, and then stopped by my sister's before picking up my new medication. Finally, we stopped at Old Mill Run and ate dinner, where I had (don't faint) a chicken salad and a side of mac-n-cheese. Of course, I really didn't eat much of the chicken salad because I was pretty full after the mac-n-cheese, but the meal was very good, and we will definitely be back.

All in all, a very good day, and mentally, I'm feeling fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment