Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 2 post diagnosis

I'm just beginning to really process the news, and start wondering where I go from here. When John was diagnosed with diabetes, they sent us to 15 hours of classes. I could use some class time now, to learn about this. I think I will develop a list of questions I need answers to, and maybe email Vinay to see if he would be willing to set down with us and discuss them.
  1. Is this something I will die from?
  2. Is it something I will have to deal with the rest of my life?
  3. Is it something I can cure (?) with good behavior?
  4. What type of exercise is appropriate?
  5. Is this a definitive diagnosis, or possibly the start of another medical merry-go-round?
  6. What were the test results that firmly informed this diagnosis?
  7. Could it be something else?
  8. Is there any chance at all that this could turn out to be Constrictive Pericarditis?
  9. What does this mean for my life going forward? 
  10. How much is actually known about this disease?
Where do we go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment