Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose and other disappointments

Overall, not a great library trip this time. Two books went back to the library unread. The first was The DaughtersThe Daughters by Adrienne Celt
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF'd at almost 20%. I wanted to like this, I did. I have a daughter, her name is Adrienne. This seemed like a good sign. Alas, I couldn't get through it this time, either. I had attempted this last year, but returned it to the library without comment, so this time I'm shelving it as Unfinished, so it doesn't come back to tease me again.

The second was What You Wish ForWhat You Wish For by Katherine Center
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This just wasn't for me.

A third, I read, but didn't really enjoy that much - but hoping the last three will be somewhat better. Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and PurposeDelivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Possibly 2.5 stars - not really a business book, per se, or a memoir, this book preaches happy employees, happy customers, and happy business partners. Take a risk, be entrepreneurial, believe! Hsieh tells the story of how he grew from a boy who wanted to make money selling buttons, to start several businesses, including Zappos. His latest venture is a culture/coaching business called "Delivering Happiness."
The biggest problem I had with this book was the Platform for Growth section, which is told in many voices, and even more fonts. I found that difficult to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment