Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Answer Is…: Reflections on My Life by Alex Trebek

The Answer Is…: Reflections on My LifeThe Answer Is…: Reflections on My Life by Alex Trebek
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.0/5.0 stars - I'll admit to being a little put off by the format of the book, each chapter is between one and three pages and written in the format "The Answer is" or "What Is?" Is the subject matter interesting? If you are a Jeopardy fan, than you'll probably enjoy finding out more about Alex Trebek and the show, and some memorable contestants. In fact, the half of the book that involves his time as the Jeopardy host was much more interesting to me, than the first half.
Here are some of my main takeaways:
Alex has a loving family. He has made a lot of money for a lot of years. He gives a lot of it away to various charities, worldwide. He is an optimist. Jeopardy is in his lifeblood. He enjoys people and learning. He has a great sense of humor. The book is a quick read.
Book 120 of 2020.


View all my reviews Sad update - Alex Trebek passed away this weekend, November 8, 2020 from pancreatic cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment