Monday, August 17, 2020

Kent State by Deborah Wiles

Kent StateKent State by Deborah Wiles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5.0/5.0 stars for this slim volume written in verse. Although I picked it up to fulfill a summer reading prompt, it is a book that will remain with me for years to come. I think part of its impact is the timeliness of the subject. It is 2020, and although Kent State happened 50 years ago, many of the problems that instigated it are still happening today. So many cities were the site of protests/riots this spring and summer, and as in the book, each voice has its own story to tell. The protesters, the police, the townspeople, those who died, those in power, the downtrodden.
Take a few hours, read this book, talk to others, share your thoughts. But most of all, listen to one another.
ATY Summer Reading Challenge (2x) - A book written in verse
Book 122 of 2020


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment