Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay

The Printed Letter BookshopThe Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - It took me a minute to get into this book, but once I did, I didn't want to put it down. Maddie Cullen was a beloved bookshop owner, and when she dies, she leaves everything to her niece, Madeline, whom she loved dearly, but had been estranged from for the last twenty years. Madeline is a young and upcoming lawyer, until she isn't. Janet and Claire round out the cast, being friends and employees of Maddie's, who spent hours with her in her last days.
How each woman works through their challenges, while guided by letters and a list of books selected for them by Maddie, makes up the plot of the story. It is quietly faith based, the theme of redemption and forgiveness is at play throughout. And love, always there is love.
I did feel like there were two unresolved questions - 1) what was the significance of the storage unit in Waukegan, and 2) were Madeline father's ulcers of the same type as Aunt Maddie's?
Book 158 of 2021

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment