Monday, March 29, 2021

Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan

Little Beach Street Bakery (Little Beach Street Bakery #1)Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - I loved this book, in part because it was such a nice change from all the non-fiction and literary fiction that I've been reading lately. I just couldn't put it down. Polly and Chris have lost their business and are faced with bankruptcy and finding new places to live. Polly moves to Mount Polbearne, off the Cornish coast, while Chris moves back in with his mommy. Polly makes the best of her new life, baking bread and working in a bakery and in no time she has become part of the town, befriended or beloved by all (except maybe her boss). As time passes even that changes, and the temporary stay turns permanent for her.
So I have to confess to crying during the funeral scene where they are singing the Navy Hymn (Eternal Father, Strong to Save). When I saw the words, I heard them in my mind, and I was right back at my dad's funeral. Tomorrow is his 99th birthday. Anyway, it was a good book, and I think I'll read more of the series.
Pop Sugar #30: A book set somewhere you'd like to visit in 2021
Book 91 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment