Tuesday, February 2, 2021

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.0/5.0 - I did not expect to like this, paranormal and vampires not being my thing, so I was surprised at how quickly it pulled me in. It probably helped that it started out in the Bodleian Library (aka Oxford University Library), and that in my past life, as an Interlibrary Loan librarian, I used to occasionally get books from there. So immediately, I was drawn into the setting. The main characters, Diana, a witch who doesn't wish to use her powers, and Matthew, a very powerful vampire, who revels in his, are attracted to each other despite their desires not to be. Throughout the book, they grow, as creatures and lovers, Diana becoming much stronger, and Matthew, becoming less secretive and slowly opening little by little to Diana. Secrets are revealed, families are introduced and enlarged, and the book leaves both satisfied and set up for the next book in the series.
Pop Sugar #5: A dark academia book
Book 33 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment