Thursday, February 18, 2021

The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

The Other Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys, #3)The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5/5.0 - If you're going to read regency romance, and I can't believe I am, you have to be willing to accept some of the genre's plot devices, seduction, heros, women who need saving. And pirates? Well that was a departure I wasn't expecting. I enjoyed the clever repartee between Poppy (who names their child Poppy?) and Captain James (anka the younger Rokesby son), Poppy's attitude of making the best of things, always wanting to know more, and her general intrepidness. It was one of the better Bridgerton novels I have read, and although I don't plan on making a steady diet of them, during this pandemic when time weighs heavy, they make for some light reading.
Book 51 of 2021

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment