Monday, February 1, 2021

Emma by Alexander McCall Smith

Emma (The Austen Project, #3)Emma by Alexander McCall Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5/5.0 - I'm not sure whether I've never read the classic upon which this is based, or just read it so many years ago that I remembered nothing about it. I guess I will read it soon, though. At first, I didn't understand what role Isabella (the older sister) played, as it almost felt like a filler character. I thought it might be a tie-in to another of his series, but the name, though similar is not exactly the same. So I Googled the original and it all became much clearer. Emma is not a very likeable person, but that is the point of the book, isn't it? She sees herself as the snob she is and grows up. And all live happily ever after?
PopSugar #A book that has the same title as a song
Book 31 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment