Monday, February 1, 2021

The Fairies of Sadieville by Alex Beldsoe

The Fairies of Sadieville (Tufa, #6)The Fairies of Sadieville by Alex Bledsoe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5/5.0 - This was the wrap up of Alex Bledsoe's Tufa series, that I started reading back in NY in the fall of 2017. I was surprised when I got to TN, which is the setting for this series that it was not available in my library or through the TN R.E.A.D.S. system, so I purchased it from Audible. I have loved the story of the Tufa, fairy folks that live in the mountains of East Tennessee. This book ties together many of the loose threads, told through the voices of Veronica and Justin, graduate students from West Tennessee University. Justin, who is pursuing a degree in folk music has discovered an old film in his advisor's office about a glamorous people who make the most beautiful music, and he decides to find them. They do some research and discover the town of Sadieville, a coal town which disappeared one day, both from the face of the earth and from people (and the Tufas') memories. The fairies were banished from their homes eons ago, and Sadieville holds the link to their past. The book does a good job of explaining why and how that happened, and taking them on a journey of discovery.
Pop Sugar #11: A book about forgetting
Book 32 of 2021


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment